Monday, October 1, 2012

The Race For the Cure

I have never walked in the Race For the Cure.  Usually, we are out of town on the day, but this year we were home.  So I signed up with the KWCH team and walked as a part of Kim's Crew.

Arriving in the parking lot is a like going to the State Fair.  It was crowded . . . very crowded.  And there were booths everywhere hawking all sorts of stuff.  Some people were dressed in bizarre pink outfits, though most of us were pretty middle-of-the-road.  Once the walk started, we all streamed out onto Douglas Avenue and began our trek through Eastborough.

It could not have been a lovelier morning, and the walk was not stressful at all.  When it was over, people quickly dispersed, and the walk was over.

Luckily, I ran into Kim's mom prior to the race.  She is such a beautiful woman, both inside and out.  She is the rock that has held the rest of us together.  I know it was an emotional day for her . . . it was for me, so I cannot imagine how it was for her.  I loved seeing how many people love and honor Kim, and I hope she did, too.

Kim impacted those around her in so many ways.  The least I could do was walk to preserve her memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment