Friday, October 26, 2012

The Two Bad Bs

There must have been something in the air on Thursday.  The temperature was cooler, for sure, the wind was blowing, a front was blowing in.  That must be what got into the two Bs at our house - Bella and Babs.

Babs has had a number of tummy issues for which she has been taking a medication.  We have had several indications that it has been helping - she is no longer spitting up, she is eating well, and she is gaining weight.  All good signs.  Unfortunately, she has also begun to eat gross things in the backyard. She had a habit of that, but it had stopped, I thought.  Wrong.  At least wrong yesterday.  Yech.  I guess I am glad she is feeling better, but isn't there a better way to show it?

Then there's Bella.  She has been a very good dog all week.  She hasn't gotten on the bed once, she hasn't jumped on people (much), she played nicely with PattySue.  I had noticed yesterday morning when she went out she was much more active in the backyard.  She was crawling under the stairs, which she hadn't done in some time, and she was running around crazy, as if a rabbit was everywhere and she couldn't decide which one to chase - but there weren't any!  I should have known she was not her normal self.  So when I came home yesterday from a short errand, this is what I found:


Yes, Bella had gotten into the trash.  I think she was after the McDonald's box (to the right), but I don't know for sure.  She didn't make nearly as bad a mess as Sepia used to, so I wasn't really upset, but she knew immediately that she had been naughty.  She got the "I am ashamed" look and rolled over.  Of course, could I get her to do that with the camera turned on?  No, but you get the idea.  It was easily cleaned up, and how could I be angry with such a sweet girl?

Today, they both are being their very cute selves . . . so it must have been the change of weather that brought the devil out in both of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment