Friday, May 23, 2014

I Guess It Is Better To Be Lucky Than Good

In our family, it seems as if one of us always has the good luck.  It would not be anyone over 60 years old and that person is not a female.  Let's leave it at that.  It just seems, however, that whenever things appear to go wrong, he always manages to come out on top.

For example, season tickets for KSU football were to be renewed in April.  Despite repeated reminders, this person kept using, "Don't worry, Mom.  I have until April 26th."  That day came and went and by the time he thought to renew, it was too late.  And season tickets were essentially sold out.  

Since KSU football has become so popular, the athletic department has had to change their approach, which meant that, based on priority points, current season ticket holders could add seats . . . But we had to wait until Tuesday, May 19, for our points to come up.  We put it in his hands to take care of.

At 1:37, he signed in, and voila . . . As he said, "There was my ticket sitting as an island in the middle of the section.  I swooped in and grabbed it."

If that had happened to me, I would have been sitting in the nosebleeds.  I guess it is better to be lucky than good!

No comments:

Post a Comment