Monday, May 19, 2014

Just Lean Against a Tree

I have been reading O Magazine since its inception.  I have received great advice from numerous articles, and it was one issue that helped me determine whether it was the right time to retire . . . It was, by the way!

But April's issue had the most helpful bit of info yet.  For 53 years I have been using the bathroom in the woods . . . while hiking at the cabin, going to Wheeler Peak, and the like. Not once did I consider leaning against a tree to perform the act.  The last time I squatted, I was not sure I would be able to get up again.  So this advice was most timely.

I have not had a chance to try it, but when I told Ruthie Horn of my newfound advice, she already knew about it and was astonished I did not.  But now I do!

Thanks, Oprah!  My life in the woods has just been made easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment