Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Surprise! Surprise!

Diana had joined us at the cabin on Wednesday, May 20, and we spent the first few days hiking and enjoying the cabin.  On Saturday, we went to the post office to mail a letter and walked home.  I saw a car in the cabin below ours and wondered who was there.  I did not think much about it until I noticed it was a Johnson County tag.  That is when I realized it was also an Altima.

"Our son's car,". I screeched.  "That is our son's car!" And I took off running up the hill.  Now those of you who have been at the cabin know that the road is rather steep, and I am not young . . . But I ran all the way up to the cabin . . . Only to find I could barely breathe, and the KC kids were not there!  We guessed that they were walking up the canyon, so once I caught my breath, we headed up after them.  Shortly thereafter, they were walking down the road.

What a fun week we had!  I never dreamed they would really be able to come out to see us, but it was so fun to have them.  When they left on Tuesday, it was very sad . . . But the memories will never go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment