Thursday, May 29, 2014

What's Worse Than Finding a Mealworm in Your Oatmeal?

When we were at the cabin in early May, I opened a brand-new carton of Oatmeal - Quaker, not the off-brand - and ate several bowls of it.

When Kenneth and Melinda arrived, the one thing I knew I did not need to worry about was the oatmeal.  Melinda eats it every day, but I had a brand-new carton.  Not to worry.

Sunday, we opened the carton to find a full-grown mealworm in it.  Oh yuk!  Don dumped out the carton and found one more living in the depths of the box.  Double yuk!

Despite Don's lack of understanding, neither Melinda nor I were particularly fond of the idea of eating the oatmeal.  Don said he would have eaten it . . . But he never did.  It finally ended up on the hillside, food for chipmunks and birds, which is much more appropriate.

But now I wonder if I had a mealworm or two in my initial bowls . . . I am trying to think of it as additional protein.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment