Saturday, May 7, 2016

A Short Drive on the Beach

Kenneth had told us about the sand dunes south of Pismo Beach, and we decided to go check the out.  When we drove up to the attendant's gate, we saw the fee was $5.  For what?  To drive on the beach.

I thought that sounded fun!  I was ready to shell out the $5, and I probably would have if I were driving. But Don said no.  I asked him why not.  He is usually more adventurous than that . . . and after all, we had a Jeep with four-wheel drive.  But he insisted we did not have the right tires.

We came down to the next attendant shack and I asked Don to park so we could go look at the dunes.  There was a small parking lot, and when we got out of the car, we saw this:


Uh oh.  Two cars that didn't have Don to reason with their drivers.  They were both stuck in the sand . . . and the tide was coming in.  We asked the attendant what would happen.  She said they would call a tow truck to pull them out, but would it be in time?  The tide was coming in fast.

We do not know the outcome, but after seeing this, I was really glad Don didn't listen to me . . . or that I did listen to him!  We make a good team.

No comments:

Post a Comment