Sunday, May 1, 2016

Poor Nelson!

Before explaining why I named this blog the way I did, let me tell you a little about a trip we took in 1980 with Mom, Dad, Katie, Bart, and Katie's dog, Smudgy.  Dad had rented a class C RV to take us around some of the pueblos during Christmas break.  We went to Acoma Pueblo, Zuni, El Morro, Chaco Canyon, Hubbell Trading Post, and El Malpais.  During one of the stops, when we were camped in the boonies, we were all asleep - Mom and Dad above the driver's seat, Don and me in the cozy diner, and Katie and Bart each in a bunk bed.  Suddenly, we are awakened the loudest retching we have ever heard.  Bart had eaten some onions, and they obviously did not agree with him.  Mom, Dad, Don and I quickly exited the RV.  A few minutes later, Katie comes leaping out of the RV with Smudgy, saying, "I can't stand it, I can't stand it."  About five minues later, we were able to go back to bed - thank goodness because it was very cold - and Bart felt better, much to all of our relief.

Fast forward to Yosemite of this year.  Jordy and Nelson were riding in the back seat, but for some reason, Jordy became sick to his stomach and began retching.  He did throw up a little bit, but it wasn't awful.  Nelson, however, was having none of it, and very quickly he exited to the trunk of the Jeep.  He didn't seem to mind that there was no soft seat to sleep on.  He just wanted away from his brother.  Poor Jordy!  He didn't really understand what happened.

"Why did my brother desert me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment