Monday, September 20, 2010

Where's Fall?

I know, I know . . . Fall doesn't arrive until Wednesday. And although we didn't reach the record high of 99, set in 1980 - which was the hottest summer I have ever known - it was still 94, which is plenty warm. And the fact that it wasn't a record doesn't make it any easier to weather days like last Saturday and today. I have never been a fan of hot weather, and this year is no exception. Along with the heat and the humidity, today we had 30+ mph winds. AAGH! I hate the wind, and a hot wind is just that much worse.

A number of years ago, a friend of ours said that Kansas weather comes in extremes - it is extremely hot, extremely cold, extremely windy, extremely rainy, extremely snowy, extremely icy . . . you get the picture. And unfortunately, he is right. Last week we even had extreme hail. See what it did to one of the greens in west Wichita? My brother, Bart, is now using this picture as an example to the golf courses he insures as to the reason they carry hail insurance for their greens! Divots, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment