Sunday, October 10, 2010

Animal Blessing

Today at church we had our animal blessing. Most churches perform this service the first weekend in October, but this worked better for St. Stephen's, so we held the service today. We almost had Babs and Sepia wear their KSU outfits, but I didn't think that would work very well, so they just wore themselves!

It is always a crazy service, and today was just as crazy as ever. Babs barked at every dog that went by . . . and when we sat behind the rabbit in the rabbit cage, she paid quite a bit of attention! I was glad we didn't have a catastrophe with that one.

We didn't have the blessing part until after the service was over. At that time, I pulled my stuffed Willie the Wildcat out and took him with me. Since our priest is a Nebraska fan, he smiled as I brought Willie for healing and a blessing. We're hoping this translates to a win on Thursday night against the 'Hawks! Go 'Cats!


1 comment: