Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Comfort Foods

For some, comfort food means mac & cheese, meatloaf, or mashed potatoes. For me, it means Green Chile stew.

Yesterday, I got a hankering for green chile stew. Could be because I didn't want to go to the store, I had ground beef on hand that needed to be used, and I had green chiles in the garden that needed to be picked. So I roasted the chiles - was worried they would be really hot, but they were perfect - and made myself a pot of green chile. As a new twist, I added the remaining corn from our grilled corn-on-the-cob from last week's tailgate . . . made for a very yummy dish!

In another twist, I served Don's over a baked potato. He loved it! In the interest of saving Weight Watcher's points, I ate mine straight up. So good! And I made it myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment