Friday, October 8, 2010

Oh, Man!

Why do I do it to myself? Pump myself up with the thought that our football team could possibly win a game that I know in my heart we probably can't. Cautiously optimistic. The "I don't expect to win but we should at least play them closely" approach. But even that style leads to terrific disappointment, especially when we play so badly!

It's not that I mind losing to a better team - clearly, Nebraska was the better team. But I dislike their coach so much, it is hard for me to stomach losing to him. Oh well . . . let it go, Karen, let it go.

That being said, we did have a great time at the tailgate, and the weather was about as perfect as it could be. The stadium was rocking and rolling - the students turned out in style! We sat near some nice Nebraska fans and behind one rude, foul-mouthed K-State fan. Thank goodness he shut up, because I think one of us might have asked for him to be removed if he didn't knock it off. I hate it when our own fans act like that!

Anyway, it was a disappointing evening, but we knew this year was going to be up and down. We are still K-State Proud . . . and anxiously anticipating a good game next Thursday. Go 'Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment