Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bella, the Mechanic

I thought I had seen everything when it came to dogs. I had . . . until today.

For some unknown reason, my car has begun to leak coolant. Yesterday I had a low coolant light, so before we went to McDonald's today, Don was going to fill my coolant tank. We put Babs and Sepster in the car, leaving Bella in the house while Don mixed the coolant. (Otherwise, if we had put her in the car, too, she would terrorize the others!) Because my car is so old, the hood will no longer stay open on its own. Therefore, when it was time to fill the reservoir, Bella and I went to the garage to help. Bella was running around the cars (she knew McDonald's was coming up) while I held the hood up.

Suddenly, out of the clear blue, Bella jumped up under the hood of the car, her paws holding onto the radiator and her back paws on the bumper. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I don't know what possessed her to jump up - maybe she just wanted to see what makes a car run!

1 comment: