Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Addictions!

Several months ago, Don purchased a MacBookAir computer to take to Germany with us. I scoffed at the purchase. It seemed silly, but he thought it would allow us to download pictures , check emails, and write about the trip. He was right.

But, what neither he nor I realized were the addictive powers of the MacBookAir. It now sits next to the couch in the family room - which is also where the tv is. Since it boots up so quickly, it is easy to sit down to check email. Unfortunately, then it is too easy to check Facebook, Gopowercat.com, Diana's blog, Victoria's blog, Samantha's blog . . . you get the idea.

Then of course, while NCIS is on, or NCIS:LA is on, or Hawaii 5-O, or The Mentalist, or Big Bang Theory, or football, we have two addictions coming into play: use the computer while watching tv. As a matter of fact, I am writing this during NCIS:LA. And then there's a new show after that . . . I have to turn the tv off, or nothing will get done this evening!

1 comment:

  1. This is why I don't own a TV, and my computer now sits far away from my bedroom (unlike in college or in Spain). Technology is murder on the attention span.

    ReplyDelete