Tuesday, September 13, 2011

STUCK!

Bella has been visiting this week since her owner is busy, and I could help out. She is a funny, funny dog . . . she reminds me of Ramona, in the Henry Huggins books. She doesn't mean to get in trouble, but somehow it happens. And then she feels bad.

This afternoon she went outside, as she frequently does. I saw her running around and went about my laundry chores. I made a phone call, and then looked out to find Bella. I didn't see her. So I went to the door and called her. No Bella.

Uh oh.

I went outside and called. No Bella. Then I heard a little knock, and I knew where she was . . . I just didn't know where she was. She was somewhere under the deck/gazebo. I kept calling, and I could hear her scrambling around . . . but she wouldn't come out. Well, that's not exactly correct. She couldn't come out. She was in such a tight space, she couldn't maneuver herself to get out from under the deck. Frankly, I don't know how she got under there in the first place, as there really isn't anywhere large enough for her to fit . . . or so I thought.

There was only one thing to do. I changed my clothes, grabbed Don's hammer, and removed one of the boards in the deck, which was one of those things that sounded easy but wasn't so much. Nevertheless, I got one board off, thinking she might be able to crawl out. She was too long, however, and couldn't get any leverage. She could, however, stick her head out of the hole, which assured me she would be all right.


A few minutes later, the second board had been removed, and Bella was free.


If it had been one of my kids, I would have been mad, but how could I be upset with a such a cute face? All I could do was laugh. We are, however, going to make sure she can't get under there again!!!

1 comment: