Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Silly Wabbits!

Well, if I didn't know why Bella was under the deck, I certainly do now (though I knew then too.) What I don't know is whether she loves or hates wabbits. All afternoon she has been on the prowl. First she goes on the deck and sniffs through all of the spaces between the boards. Then she gets in the garden and searches through all of the bushes and under the deck. Then she moves around the gazebo, sniffing all the way. Sometimes she exits to look out into the yard.

I brought her in, fearing she might go under the deck again. So she stood at the window and cried until I let her out again. Now she is sniffing at the deck again. No wonder she is so skinny - she is perpetual motion.

Probably the funniest thing she did today, however, was while we were walking to our house from hers. I had her on her leash, and she smelled a wabbit. Not wanting to go on, she got down on her front paws and stuck her nose into the grass - not to be moved until she had thoroughly vetted the area. "Come on, Bella." Nope. "Let's go Bella." Nope. So I waited until she was convinced no wabbits were in the area, and then we went on. Silly wabbits!

1 comment: