Monday, October 31, 2011

Cousin Itt!

When I was in high school, such shows as The Munsters and The Addams Family were popular. One creature on The Addams Family was Cousin Itt. Although I watched the shows all of the time, I don't remember anything about Cousin Itt. So when my friend Anne Turbett wandered around Highland High School sixth hour (she was supposed to be in Student Council or in study hall) with her very long hair pulled over her face and her glasses placed over her hair, I didn't really know who she was pretending to be. Amazingly, she would walk by my typing class and stand outside the door to wave at me, totally diverting me from what I was supposed to be doing. . . and she never got caught.

Fast forward a number of years to about 1982. Don told me about a costume that his mother had made for him . . . a Cousin Itt costume. Well, by then I knew who Cousin Itt was. He wore it to church one Sunday and sat in the front row. The priest commented about how hard it was to preach with that creature sitting in the congregation. After that, I wore it to school a number of times for Halloween.


And I wore it to football games. And today I wore it to physical therapy, McDonald's, and Starbucks. I even ordered a "Cousin Itt Special" at Starbucks. It was delicious! Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment