Sunday, October 23, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out!

A few days ago, I decided to make Victoria's Pumpkin Butter Cake. I had never tried a Paula Deen recipe before, but I had heard about them. This one lives up to its billing. But more about that in another post. This is about Paula Deen.

Saturday night we were celebrating a Wildcat Victory in downtown Austin. Don had seen a second-floor terrace where he had wanted to eat, so we decided to try to go there. We finally determined that it was part of the Intercontinental Hotel but that was ok . . . we were all decked out in our KSU purple. Certainly they would let us in.

Amazingly, no one even mentioned our purple, but they were very nice and we were able to sit out on the terrace. We enjoyed the Dia de los Muertos parade that went by, our sliders were delicious, and Don enjoyed his free beer. Suddenly, we saw a bus drive by and all sorts of screaming. "Paula Deen. Paula Deen is over there." Sure enough, there she was, reaching out of her RV, greeting her fans. She was as jovial in real life as she is on tv.

The bus drove away, never to be seen again . . . or so we thought. Just as we were leaving the hotel, her bus drove up to the door. Well, we couldn't leave now, could we? So after the bell hops unloaded three carts of luggage, she finally got out and walked right by us to check in to the hotel.

Now, if I can figure out how to email my pictures to myself, I will post pictures to prove it!

Well, Diana figured out how to email them to me. They aren't very good since the light was bad, but they are proof! The first one was hard to get because she was moving and just as I snapped it, a man stepped up next to her. She had just smiled at me and said hello. The next one is from the rear . . . but it is clear. The third one is of Di and me in front of her RV. First true celebrity sighting I have had in a long time!



1 comment: