Sunday, October 9, 2011

Do-Rag Don

Harley Day! I love Harley Day. The first several years, women in bikinis and men with long hair and vests populated the cycles. It has tamed down considerably, but I have always wanted Don to ride in it. This year we found a way. At the Catbackers' auction I purchased the chance for Don to ride, and luckily, our next-door neighbor's son, Andy Willis, owns a Harley. Perfect.

Andy and his wife, Ann, drove 6 hours from Arkansas to participate. Ever since Andy was at KSU, he had wanted to ride on Harley Day, and he wasn't about to turn us down. I think his wife is the heroine in this one - I wouldn't ride 6 hours on the back of a Harley for anyone!

I went to Alefs Harley in Wichita to find a purple Harley shirt for Don, but one was not to be found. A gray Harley do-rag would have to suffice. So in September I gave it to him to prepare for the day.
The do-rag was never worn until yesterday. But Don proudly wore it all day, even though it was Oktoberfest at our tailgate party. More about the ride later, but enjoy the picture of Do-rag Don.

1 comment: