Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Harley Day!

For several years, I have thought it would be fun for Don to ride in Harley Day. This year I found a way to make it happen. At the Catbacker Auction one of the live auction items is a Harley Ride. I decided this was my year to try to "win" the ride for Don. It wasn't long before two of us were bidding. One man kept bidding me up, so I finally said to the auctioneer, "Who is that who is bidding against me?" The auctioneer pointed to the man, and I said loudly, "Tell him to knock it off!" And he did! So I got the ride.

Out next-door-neighbor's son, Andy Willis, owns a Harley, so we asked him to be the driver. He was thrilled as it was something he has always wanted to do. His gorgeous wife, Ann, was not so excited, however, since she had to ride on the back for the 8-hour trip from Arkansas. She is a goddess in my book, and I am very thankful she was willing to let Andy participate. I am not sure I would have been so gracious!


Don wore his do-rag the whole day, Andy wore his smile. They had a blast riding around the field, with the whole stadium cheering for the Harleys. It was a great day, capped with a Wildcat victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment