Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shrimp Taverna with Farmer's Market Vegies

I don't know why Shrimp Taverna isn't a once-a-week meal. It is so easy . . . and yummy, yummy, yummy. But I digress. First, the Farmer's Market.

Compared to the markets in California, ours is pretty sad, but today's vendors did have some good vegies - beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, chard, squash, peppers, onions . . . with the kind of summer we had, it was encouraging to see some decent vegies. I bought some beets and small tomatoes. At the artisan bread booth, I bought a French baguette.

When I got home, I mixed up some Shrimp Taverna. Saute 1 T. olive oil, a diced onion, some garlic, and a sliced tomato. (I didn't have a tomato, so I used some of the little ones I got at the market. They worked just fine.) After about five minutes, put about a pound of shrimp (peeled) on top of the saute mix, with some fresh oregano and about 1/4 c. feta cheese. Cook until shrimp turns pink and cheese is partially melted. That's it! Then I served it over rice (the saute juice makes the rice taste fab), added a salad with purple peppers and farmer's market tomatoes, and sliced the French baguette.

Easy as could be, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment