Friday, October 28, 2011

Reunited!

This been the year of reunions for me. First, my 40th high school reunion. I remember thinking how old people must be if they are celebrating their 40th reunion, and now, in the flash of an eye, here I am.

Then two weeks ago, we celebrated the 95th Anniversary of the founding of Gamma Alpha chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma at Kansas State University. How fun it was to see all of my Kappa sisters! Jani Noble even joined us from Australia. Most of us haven't seen her for years, and what a treasure it was to get a few minutes with her. I love her Australian accent that she has acquired in her 35 years of living there . . .(Jani is pictured on the right with her good friend, Lucille Bogner Keller.)

(

I also got to see my pledge daughter, Pat McEwen McCune. I haven't seen her in probably 30 years, and we did not have enough time to catch up. Seeing her reminded me of how much I miss her. The beautiful, kind young woman I knew in college is even more gorgeous, and she still exudes that wonderful, giving heart she has always had. I hope to do a better job of keeping in touch (though by her admission, she isn't great at it either!). But we can't let that be an excuse . . .


Then in two more weeks, Don has his 40th year Delta Upsilon reunion (lightweights!) It will be fun in a different way. We are hoping to celebrate not only with Don's fraternity brothers, but also with Kenneth and Joey. Neither of them has signed up, however . . . no pressure guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment