Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Hanging Glaciers

July 21

Glaciers fascinate me, especially those that are called hanging glaciers.  Hanging glaciers are at the top of a mountain, and they look as if they are going to fall over the edge of the mountain.  My favorite one is near the campground where we have stayed at Lake Louise.  Last time we were here, I said I thought it looked like meringue. This time, it was covered almost the entire time, but this morning, the skies cleared just before we left. I was so happy.

Near Lake Moraine
Lake Louise's Hanging Glacier

The Crow's Foot


Angel Glacier outside Jasper

As we drove up the Icefields Parkway, I saw a few more hanging glaciers.  Some were bigger than others, but all were spectacular. Many of the glaciers do not have names, and I don’t know whether these do either, but the enormity of them along with the spectacular setting just enamors me of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment