Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Moral Dilemma?

Today I noticed a brown patch in our yard.  For some reason I thought it was a spot where Don had repaired the sprinklers.  Nevermind that there wasn't a sprinkler around . . . I didn't notice that.



A few hours later, Don came in to tell me he found a rabbit's nest while he was pulling weeds.  He said it was right in the middle of the yard . . . yep, right where the brown spot was.  He was poking at the dead spot, trying to figure out whether we had grubs, when suddenly the hole began to squeal.

What to do?  The rabbits are indeed a nuisance.  But I couldn't let Don kill them.  It just wasn't right.

So in the near future, I expect to see baby bunnies frolicking in our yard, eating my plants and driving Babs crazy.  Oh well.  The price of doing the right thing . . . or what I think is the right thing!

3 comments:

  1. how has a bunny nest survived the lawnmower? and they won't eat your garden if you guys build heavy-duty coops to protect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, because Dad found them he went around it, but they are so deep, the hole isn't even noticeable. He could have mown right over them without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh...that is a dilemma!

    ReplyDelete