Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Second Ride

After having such a successful ride, Emily mentioned that in the early mornings, she would see a baby coyote in the meadow on the golf course, and she invited us to go along.  Although 7:00 a.m. is might early, Diana and I were bright-eyed and bushy tailed - despite the fact that we were a little sore from the ride the day before.

I again rode Ranger, and this time Diana rode Amaretto.  The ride was short - 45 minutes maximum.  We saw two more deer, but unfortunately, no coyote came to play.  We were quiet; we looked and looked.  Emily's dog, Private, looked too.  But we did not see the coyote.

It didn't matter.  Having never been on the golf course that early, I hadn't realized how peaceful and beautiful it could be.  It had rained the day before, so there were dew drops on the trees.  The air was cool, the sky ice blue.  I am very grateful to Emily for showing me that I could still ride and horse and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment