Thursday, February 16, 2012

The First of Many 29th Birthdays!

Well, today is the first of many 29th birthdays for Kenneth.

Reflecting back, thinking about being 29 . . . I was pregnant with Kenneth! It was a good year, despite two bouts with pneumonia. Since I was pregnant the first time and nursing the second, I wasn't allowed to take much medication, though the doctor finally did let me have some cough syrup with codeine. And when I was pregnant with him, I cracked a rib because I was coughing so hard . . . that was pleasant.

And the day before Kenneth was a born, a woman walked by me in JC Penney's, patted my stomach, and said, "You are the biggest pregnant woman I have ever seen." Lovely. Thank you very much. I couldn't tell her the next day that he was 9 pounds 5 ounces. My mother said he was born half-grown.

The past 29 years have been a blast, raising our family, creating memories, having fun. For Kenneth, I hope the next 29 years are as fulfilling for him as he has made the past 29 for us! Happy Birthday, Kenneth!

1 comment: