Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Think I Have B.O.

It's either that or I am having what my elders call Senior Moments. No, not body odor. Brain Overload.

I have been noticing lately that I forget things that in the past I think I would have remembered. The gift that Diana opened at Christmas that I hadn't remembered purchasing for her. After I thought about it, of course, I recalled doing it . . . but right then, not. And people that I knew well in a former life suddenly become nameless! I know I know them but can't remember their name . . . or their children's names . . . or where I know them from. And then there is the word I can't come up with, or the file I can't remember . . .

"They" say it is normal to forget details as we age. I am trying to convince myself that all this is just that - senior moments, oldtimer's disease. I have joked for many years that I just wish I could add a memory card or a flash drive to my brain . . . it would be so helpful. But that won't happen, so I have tried to analyze what is happening. And it occurred to me that I might just be a little overcommitted - two leadership positions at church, one with the sorority, two new publications just out, two leadership positions in Rotary plus all the things I do for fun such as book club, bridge, pottery, and KSU activities. Perhaps too many things to remember has caused a lack of focus and is part of the reason for the "spaciness." At least that's what I hope it is!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is more about being out of the classroom and school environment! Even though I'm not totally "out" sometimes I wonder where my names skill went! I used to know the names of 200 kids (first AND last) easily! Where did that skill go?

    ReplyDelete