Saturday, February 18, 2012

I Hate Close Ball Games

Yes I do. Especially close K-State games. Today's was the classic. Playing Baylor, the #10 team in the nation, we got behind, caught up, got behind, caught up . . . it was that kind of day.

Don and I went to the Catbacker Watch Party at Fat Tony's in downtown Wichita. The first half, abysmal as it was, ended with a miraculous shot by Jamar Samuels, and we were leading by 4. Couldn't believe that one!

The second half was equally interesting, but as time began to wind down, the more nervous I became. When I watch games at home, I can pace, or work on the computer, or do dishes, or leave the room or something. But at Fat Tony's, all I could do is sit. And watch.

Every time a team would put up a shot, my heart would skip a beat. We went ahead with 1:57 remaining in the game . . . and the next 2 minutes was agony. When the last shot went up, I thought the refs had called a foul . . . I (as well as many others) didn't even know the game was over.

Amazingly, the good guys won. And I could breathe again.

Next time, I will sit toward the back so I can stand up and pace if necessary!

Go 'Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment