Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I Have It Figured Out

Well, not really. But a little.

We have a nice treadmill in the basement that I periodically use. One of my resolutions that I have kept fairly well is walking on the tread mill. But I always get so bored. There aren't enough television shows to keep me interested, and even those have so many commercials that it is tough to keep with it. Football is over; I am not that into basketball. Oh what to do?

I found the answer . . . at least temporarily. Fluff fun novels. Ones that are engaging but don't take too much thought. I just read Saint's Gate by Carla Neggers. It's about a former nun who turned FBI agent. It was a fun read . . . and one day I had walked for 50 minutes before I checked the time.

Now I am reading the sequel to Mrs. Mike. I just started it last night, but I can't wait to get back to it.

It seems I don't read nearly enough as I should . . . I am lucky to get my book club book read in time. But now, I think I have a new strategy. We'll see . . . it may only work for brainless books, but for right now, this is one resolution I have kept!

No comments:

Post a Comment