Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sugar-less

Well, a week ago I swore off sugar. I love sugar, unfortunately, but it doesn't love me. While many people can eat a cookie, if I eat one, I eat the whole package. If I never start, things are fine, but the minute I start eating sweets, it seems I have no "won't power."

So last week I decided to give up sugar for Lent. That meant no sugar on my oatmeal (yech), no chai tea lattes (oh, no!), none of Susan's banana bread (so sad), no bread and jelly . . . nothing.

Amazingly, it hasn't been too bad. I have begun starting out my mornings with an Egg Mcmuffin. The protein seems to take care of any cravings I might have, and by snacking on grapes, blueberries, bananas, and strawberries, I am taking in healthier sugars.

Unfortunately, the weight loss I thought I would see hasn't appeared yet. I am still waiting, and despite walking four miles a day, nothing has happened. But I am going to keep at it . . . and I am hoping after Easter, I will have not only lost a few pounds, I won't go back to my sugar-craving self!

No comments:

Post a Comment