Friday, February 17, 2012

Randoms

Just a few random thoughts about the last week:

1. Well, Valentine's Day was totally "unawesome" around our house. At least from my perspective. No cards, no calls, no emails - at least not from my family. Don redeemed himself, however, on Wednesday when he walked in with flowers and candy hearts. All the better because they were half-off. He's forgiven. Kenneth and Diana, however - well, let it be known I can hold a grudge.

2. The Kansas Author Dinner is next week, and I am so excited. Besides the fact that Clare Vanderpool, last year's Newbery award winner, is speaking, we just found out that Tom Averill's book Rode won the Outstanding Western Book of 2011, awarded by the Western Heritage Association in Oklahoma City. Other authors such as James Michener, Barbara Kinsolver, and Cormac McCarthy have also won the award . . . good company to be in.

3. I have been privileged the past few weeks to be on tv promoting the dinner. I have met such nice people while doing it, and it is fun to talk about such a fun evening. Proceeds go to literacy projects here in Wichita . . .

4. My books are slowly beginning to sell. Today I shipped 4 . . . but I think kids (kids meaning 20 somethings) are talking to other kids (twenty somethings), and they are spreading the word. PattySue's sales are still slow . . . working on marketing, but it is tough! Have some new ideas . . . hope they work.

5. Back to the drawing board on condos in Austin. The family took the other contract, so we are back at square one. Glad Di can stay where she is as long as she needs to! This could be a long process.

6. Go 'Cats! Always cheering for them, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment