Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday Flowers

Last Friday (a week ago), my friend Kathy brought me a vase of gorgeous roses.  I don't know that I have ever received roses this red.  She cut them down into a nosegay arrangement, used some euonymus from her garden, put them in a clear vase, and voila: an absolutely spectacular vase of flowers.  It is still as perfect as ever.  She also hand-made a card for me . . . it is on the right in the picture.  I think she should sell them . . . don't you?

Then on Saturday night, the Morgans sent me home with an arrangement of Peruvian lilies and Stargazer lilies.  Stargazers are naturally fragrant, and it has seemed that the older they get, the more beautiful the scent.  One of the lilies has increased in size and its odoriferous qualities have made its presence known.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my two vases of flowers, given to me by wonderful, dear friends.  I am grateful to them for thinking of me and for enriching my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment