Friday, May 4, 2012

Taste and See

No, I am not a foody, but I am learning from my children how to enjoy really good food.  So when my friend, Karen Combs, suggested that we go to Taste and See for her birthday, I quickly agreed.

Since I forgot my camera, I can't really show you the restaurant, but you can click the link and see it.  Its location is a little different - in a remodeled mall that is now an office park.  They don't really have signage, but plenty of people seemed to find it!  It is a contemporary look with about 20 tables and a large eating bar area.  The chef cooks right behind the bar, and there are three or four televisions showing what is going on in the cooking area.

The first serving was water.  Serving?  Well, I don't know what else to call it because it wasn't just any old water.  I have had cucumber, lemon, lime water before, but their addition of watermelon made it scrumptiously delicious!  I had more than my share!

The menu features dishes from around the world - Asia, France, Peru, Cuba, Argentina, Brazil, among others.  We ordered an appetizer of black bean hummus that was perfect, and they served a variety of chips and vegies with which to eat it.  We ran out of chips before we ran out of hummus, but that was ok. We had forks!

Gretchen Torline, my New Mexican buddy and Karen's good friend, joined us for lunch.  She had eaten at Taste and See several times, and although she wanted to branch out, the fish tacos were so good the last time she was there, that's what she had.  Likewise, Karen ordered the same thing.  I ordered the Cuban sandwich, and although I have no recollection of what is in it, I do recall that the flavors melted together perfectly.  Karen and Gretchen suggested that I have the sweet potato fries, and they were as billed.

I brought part of the sandwich home for Don, and he agreed that it was outstanding.  I have a sneaking suspicion we will be frequenting Taste and See more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment