Thursday, May 31, 2012

Old School

One of the charming parts of the cabin is its "old school" attraction.  When Mom and Dad purchased it, they kept many of the older items that were in the cabin.  An old rocker, many old paperback novels, old spices, a bed, and a chest or two are just a few of the things left.

When we inherited the cabin, I didn't have the heart to dispense with most of it.  I did change some of the curtains and the sofa, but many of the old items still remain.  When getting out the wax paper, I noticed the price on the box - 29 cents.  29 cents?  Hard to imagine . . . and for some reason, Mom had bought three boxes.  So I have three boxes of 29 cent wax paper . . . and they are big rolls.  Don't think I will be buying new for a long time.



Many of the Reader's Digests are from the 50's, as are the Zane Gray novels.  And there aren't just a few!


I have seen spice boxes such as these in antique stores.


Rotary phone.  No television nor internet.  No shower - just a claw-foot tub.  Old School.  And we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment