Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Mann"fest "Mann"ia

I had so much fun yesterday.  Notwithstanding that it was my birthday and I received numerous well-wishes for the day, it was also the final competition for Chris Mann on The Voice.  Since we watched Chris grow up and have a special connection with his family, we, along with numerous others, have watched every one of his competitions.  Last night was the icing on the cake!

After Chris won last week, Don told me that he wanted to have a party for me, but he couldn't organize it.  That was fine . . . at least he thought of it.  I got busy and found a place, which turned out to be Jerseys, a new sports bar in town.  It was perfect.

When people arrived, I had Chris Mann masks for them, along with Twizzlers, Chris's favorite candy.  I thought our eating them might send him some long-distance good luck.  We each had nametags that indicated our relationship with Chris, which included a teacher, a babysitter, a priest, a Sunday School teacher, two of Becky's friends, and many who knew Chris's parents.

The group was talkative and loud until Chris came on . . . and then one could only hear the music.  After "The Prayer," many tears were seen around the room; even more were shed after "You Raise Me Up."

Appetizers, pizza, birthday cake with purple and white decorations, and drinks of the guests' choice made for a festive atmosphere.  Chuck Morgan dancing during Tony's song and carrying his  "Chris Nailed It" sign during Chris's final song, and Suzanne's Facebook posts, including the one that read "Yep, he saw the dress" raised the level of hilarity.

I think a good time was had by all, and Chris had a fabulous night.  I can't wait to see what happens tonight . . . I believe Wichita is going to be very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment