Saturday, May 5, 2012

Book Signings

I have been a part of three book signings now . . . two at The Independent School and one today at Watermark Books.  All three have been  interesting and fun.  I have had a chance to see students from when I was there - though I frequently didn't recognize them because they have changed a lot - and I have met new people as well.

Today I saw a former student (who is now a tenured professor with the University of Kansas), two families who were there when I was, the father of a newly enrolled kindergartener, a K-State friend, and a woman who was just interested in the story of the school.

I also saw Kirstie Alley.  She slipped in, had coffee with a friend, and slipped out.  After she left, a woman came in and asked me if Kirstie Alley had just left.  She thought so, but her son thought she was crazy.  I took the opportunity to tell the young man that he should never doubt his mother - ha, ha!

I love Watermark Books.  It is a gathering spot for young and old alike, and the niche Sarah and her crew have created makes it an enjoyable place to be no matter what the reason!


No comments:

Post a Comment