Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh The Things We Learn

At my age, one wouldn't think I would need instructions on how to use an elevator.  But I have not stayed at a high-end hotel in awhile . . . and maybe this is old technology . . . but the woman who checked me in made sure to show me how to use their elevators.

With this system, a person uses a keypad to designate the floor to which they are headed.  The key pad then directs them to a specific elevator - A, B, C, or D in this case - and within a few seconds, the elevator arrives.  Once inside, it only goes to the floors of those in the car.

No more teenagers hitting every single button to stop the elevator at every floor!  No more stopping for ghost guests on random floors!

Once we figured it out, we really liked it.  It seems to manage traffic well, though we have not seen it in action when there are many people trying to go up or down. 

We also were introduced to keys that just need to be held up to the door lock to gain entrance.  We knew how to use them, thankfully, because I would have been stumped otherwise.  

Guess we should stay in more "fancy" hotels.  We might learn something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment