Monday, April 18, 2016

Are we in Iceland Again?

The comparisons with our trip to Iceland are not many, but I think they are funny.  The getting lost part I guess is not, but it fascinates me to see we have had some of the same experienes.

For example, last year in Iceland we were hiking around a waterfall.  I was wearing my new hikers, and when I stepped into one particularly wet spot, I sunk down, down, turning my new shoes red.  Eventually the red came off the shoes, and I have worn them for a year.

Yesterday, we went to the Hubbell Trading Post.  It had snowed and rained much of the day before so things were very wet.  The red clay of the reservation tends to make the clay very mushy, and when I stepped out of the car, guess what?

The red clay (which was much stickier than what was in Iceland) mushed up around my nice clean hikers . . . . and it did not clean nearly as easily!

The other thing I noticed that is the same is that last year we took a lot of pictures of rock formations.  They were mostly black volcanic formations, but formations nonetheless.  On this trip we have taken pictures of many volcanic and sandstone formations.  Both have been stunning.

I didn't think there would be that many similarities in trips . . . I hope the next comparison is not the broken-down car . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment