Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Difference Light Makes

Our sister-in-law, Jerri, has become quite the photographer.  She is excellent at seeing a good picture, and she emphasizes the importance of proper lighting.  On Thursday morning, Bart, Don and I went to Dead Horse State Park to try to capture some pictures in the morning light.  Then we came back in the evening to do the same with evening light.  I have four pictures to compare.  The first two are looking east in the morning and in the evening.


This is not too bad, considering the sun is shining from the left of the picture.  But the following picture was taken at about 4:00, with the sun behind my back.


The next picture taken in the morning looking west has the sun at my back.


And Jerri took this one in the afternoon.


These four pictures really helped me to see how important lighting is when taking a picture.  No wonder many of my pics just don't look too great!

No comments:

Post a Comment