Wednesday, April 27, 2016

El Capitan

Not much farther up the valley, we came to a huge granite cliff.  At first, I didn't think it could be El Capitan because the map made it look as if El Capitan was much farther away.  I was wrong.  What a beautiful, imposing geological marvel it is.  We did not see anyone climbing it (though we did see climbers on another rock near the Ahwahnee Lodge (now renamed the Majestic Yosemite Lodge.  How does one rename a piece of history?  But I digress.), but we did have beautiful blue skies that allowed us beautiful pictures.  At one place, we went down to a beach, and because not as many people frequent the park in April, we were able to get a "peopleless" picture!  Here is the same picture using two different cameras.  Amazingly, the bottom one is the iPad, which gave a better color quality to the picture!



I felt much about El Capitan the way I did about the Grand Canyon.  No picture can do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment