Thursday, June 17, 2010

Onion breath

I love my dogs. They are sweet, loving animals who cause few problems and make life fun. But sometimes I just don't understand them.

Take Sepia. For some reason, he has gained an affinity for onions. Last year when I put onion sets in my garden, I went out one day to see him with onions hanging out of his mouth. Two of them were hanging such that he looked like he had a Fu Man Chu moustache. After he had dug most of the onions out, I gave up.

This year I decided to try again, thinking he would forget. For a few days, I was golden, but one day, he was digging in the onions again. So I covered them with a netting, and they grew. Until today. Although I haven't been out to see the damage, I smelled it when he came in this morning. Onion breath. Bad onion breath. Not appealing. I wonder if parsley would help - I have some of that, too!

If he wasn't so sweet, I might get mad . . . but they are just onions. Unfortunately, onions aren't good for dogs, so I hope he doesn't get sick. So I will go out and assess the damage . . . and hope the onion breath goes away fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment