Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dallas Cowboy Stadium

One of the reasons we were anxious to get a Cotton Bowl bid for our Wildcats was the opportunity to see Jerry Jones' gazillion dollar stadium. No doubt it would be impressive, and it didn't disappoint.

Those in Dallas call it the Death Star, suggesting a similarity to the Star Wars ship. It did stand out on the horizon, and its coloration did emulate the Death Star.

My first impression of the structure was that the futuristic "flying buttresses" actually looked more like the legs of some of the monsters in the Star Wars movies.

Once inside, a person couldn't help but be impressed with the roomy concourses, the video boards, and the ceiling height. But to find where a seat is? More than difficult. I couldn't figure out how to find my seat, and when I asked a man, was given the wrong directions. Eventually I found it, but it wasn't without some perseverance.

We were sitting high in the stadium, which made the view of the field very interesting. We could really watch the plays develop, and I loved the vantage point.

Unfortunately, where we were sitting, it was impossible to understand the announcer. Kenneth and Diana, who sat only a section away, had no trouble, and a few other people could hear well, but most of the people with whom I spoke felt no announcer would have been better than what we had. For all the gazillion dollars spent on the stadium, I don't understand why the sound system wasn't better.

I am glad we got to go to the stadium; it is impressive. But given a choice, I would go to Bill Snyder Family Stadium any time. I have learned that I much prefer smaller stadiums, even if they have to be split with fans from the opposing team!

No comments:

Post a Comment