Thursday, January 26, 2012

Songs in my Head!

Why is it that no matter what someone says, I can usually come up with a song to fit the occasion? Or I can take the occasion and fit the words into a song?

It drives me crazy!

For example, just sitting here I was thinking about dinner. I am roasting some turnips, and within about 2 seconds, I began to hum, to the tune of Waltzing Matilda, "Roasting some turnips, roasting some turnips, you'll come a roasting some turnips with me . . . "

Yep. I do it all the time.

Headed to the store for sandwich fixings? "Going out for some bread, for you. . . " (Going out of my head, over you . . . "

Not a day goes by that I come up with some corny lyrics to a song. And it doesn't just drive me crazy. It drives my friends crazy, too. I don't think they believe me when I tell them I try to keep a lid on it . . . but I do.

So, sorry. But I guess those are the fleas that come with dog . . . F, l, e,a,s that come with the dog (GLORIA Gloria).

1 comment:

  1. I suppose that the only good thing that comes from reading this is that I'm too young to actually know the tune to any of these songs that you are singing to yourself...therefore, they do not get stuck in my head, too.

    Although I have recently discovered a similar habit in myself, where I will randomly sing out a song whose lyrics match my particular circumstances. We're an odd bunch.

    ReplyDelete