Friday, January 20, 2012

Haywire!

Today is the opening of the movie Haywire. I can't wait to see it.

Now this is not generally my "go-to" kind of movie. I am a movie wimp . . . if it will make me anxious, or if it is sad, or if it is too adventurous, then I am not a good candidate for watching it. I get too uptight/sad/nervous/crazy in theaters . . . which is one reason we don't go to a lot of movies.

But Haywire is different. The first fifteen minutes of it were filmed at the Tererro General Store, just down the road from the cabin. Two years ago the film crew took over the Pecos Canyon for about five days. Luckily, on one of the days, a light dusting of snow had fallen, making the perfect setting for the opening scene. They came in, totally redecorated the store (turning it into a restaurant), filmed the specific scenes, and left.

I would have loved to have been there while all this is going on . . . and I can't wait to see how they used that part of the canyon in the movie. Hope I like the rest of the movie - I know I will like the first fifteen minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment