Monday, January 16, 2012

It's So Hard

It is so stressful being an NFL owner. Suddenly, every game takes on a new importance. After all, the Packers are now MY team!

Yes, I have always been fascinated with the Packers. I like small-market teams, and the way the Packers have managed to keep together their franchise is a great story. Then when Jordy Nelson went to play for them, the Packers became more noticed around our family.

The Packers are exactly the kind of organization I like. It has a family feel, and the players buy into the family atmosphere. They don't hold out for more money, they give back to the community, and they generally operate for the good of the franchise, rather than for the individual good. Reminds me a lot of how people thought at The Independent School.

When I read that the Packers were selling stock to improve Lambeau Field, I couldn't help but bite. So now I have my official Green Bay Packers stock certificate to hang on the wall. I bought two shares. Eventually Kenneth will own one, and Diana will own one. We get no benefits, no special perks, nothing . . . just the pleasure (and stress) of being an NFL owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment