Saturday, October 19, 2013

Random Thoughts

Nothing real exciting happening around here, but I do have a few thoughts:

1.  The government shutdown ends, and the price of gas goes up 15 cents.  How does that happen?  Don and I fail to see the connection.

2.  Anipryl is an amazing drug.  Babs has been sleeping well . . . to my relief.

3.  October 18 is too early for snow.

4.  The Big 12 is not very strong in football this year.  Hoping my 'Cats can take advantage the rest of its schedule.

5.  Some of the best recipes I have found appear in the Saturday edition of the Wall Street Journal.  Today's is a yummy-sounding minestrone.  Can't wait to try it.

6.  I attended the funeral of a friend's father today.  It seems like every time I attend one, I leave wishing I had known the person better.  Celebrating the life of loved ones gives perspective to those who remain.

7.  Can't wait to see Captain Phillips.

That's it.  No more deep thoughts for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment