Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Art Forger

Our book club has introduced me to some very interesting books.  Some have been educational (Nothing Like It in the World:  The Story of the Transcontinental Railroad); some take on serious subject (Rain of Gold, which is a story of immigration); some classics (Emma).  And sometimes we just get to read some fun novels.  The Art Forger is one of those.

I do not know much about art forgery, but this book exposes a whole new field of crime.  Well-researched, the author Barbara Shapiro weaves truth into a very interesting and fun plot.  In talking with my art teacher, Charles, he confirmed many of the facts in the book.  Which is what makes the story fun to read.

Because the book was a fun, yet informational, read, I loved.  If you want to know more about the art of forgery, this is the book for you!

2 comments:

  1. We saw the author, and I was fascinated by the detail she could put in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you have read it, or you just heard her speak about it? If not, I hope you get a chance to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete