Thursday, September 12, 2013

Bests


I asked Chris, Katie, and Don to tell me what their favorite parts of the trip were.  It was hard to come up with just one.

Don loved that we had various people join us throughout the trip, that all of his planning really did work, and that we got to see the aurora at Lake Kathleen.  He said it was because I was so excited about it, but he got some awesome pictures, so I think that was what made him happy.

Chris really enjoyed Seward - going to Exit Glacier, going to the Sea Life park, walking to the marina, meeting up with her friends from Massachusetts (that she just met, but they seemed like friends because they both pronounced beer "beah").  She also loved getting to meet so many people - not just those of us on the trip but also the many people she met in stores, parks, and different tourist sites.

Katie struggled to identify a favorite; there were many parts, but she, like Don, really enjoyed being with family.

I loved the people part of the trip:  my siblings, my children, my husband, and I all got to go on a trip together and enjoy it so much; we spent time with Uncle John and Aunt Margaret, whom I had not seen since 2006; I had the opportunity to see Mallorie Carter Owens and her hubby, David, when we were in Anchorage;  I saw Beth Heuer (and met her husband, Ted) after 30+ years; I saw Betsy and Matthew; Chris joined us and added so much.  The people made it the best, but I also loved the Glacier Cruise in Seward.  Everything that could go right, did, which is the opposite of the one we took in 2006.  Thoroughly enjoyable.

I have to admit, not one person mentioned the wonderful songs that I sang along the way. Somehow, I think maybe they would include that as a lowlight, but I like to think I kept things lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment