Friday, September 13, 2013

Lovey

When we arrived in Eaton, Chris, who had been the videographer for the entire trip, made sure that Teri filmed us as we walked in the door.  Teri had arranged a fabulous dinner for us - fresh corn, filet mignon, cucumber/onion salad like I have never eaten before, and peach crisp.  Man oh man . . . eating like a Queen.  But then, of course, I am the Queen of Kings on the Corner . . .

Never mind that last sentence!  After we ate, Chris called her husband, Ed, to come pick her up so she could go home.  After talking for a few minutes, I figured out that he had brought Lovey, Chris's dog, with him.  Well, of course, he had to go get her.  Since she is a Sheltie, she is a little shy, but she very obediently sat next to Ed.

Chris was in the house, so she didn't know Lovey was there.  But once she came outside . . . well, I wish I had thought to have my camera.  It would have made you cry.  Lovey was so happy to see Chris.  She wiggled and waggled, then she waggled and wiggled.  She jumped and turned, then ran around a little.  It was so very sweet.  Chris is definitely a dog person - maybe worse than I am - and Lovey indeed adores her.  It was a great way to end the trip.

Then Chris left, and it was just Katie, Teri, Don, and me.  Very definitely the final stages of our awesome trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment