Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Poor Little Babs

My poor sweet Babs.  She has lately been driving me to distraction. I have tried to be patient with her, but her eating habits are about to get the best of me.  Sunday night she was awake until 2:30 a.m.; Monday night it was 3:30 . . . I was really tired on Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon, I went to get a manicure.  I was gone an hour.  When I came home, I didn't immediately see Babs.  But as I walked into the family room, I noticed the phone had been pulled to the floor, and Babs was lying on the floor between the couch and the table.  I quickly went to her and discovered that she had tangled herself in the power cord and could not move.  I suspect she fought it for awhile and then just resigned herself to laying there until someone could come help her.

It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen.  I extracted her from the cords and stood her up.  She just stood there for about 5 minutes.  I put her outside to walk around, and although I know she was not hurt, I think she was exhausted.  She did not eat, and she slept through the night.  Not exactly what I was looking for to get a good night's sleep.

I can tell she is better today but she is still sleeping a lot.  I think a McDouble is maybe what she needs to get going.  At least I am going to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment